A list of all the flavours
Yup, this is a huge list and the choice is somewhere between bewildering and bonkers...
Impressive, right? But remember Roy is only human and he can obviously only make so many of these varieties each week so it's always worth dropping him a quick email just to make sure he has what you're after in stock or is able to add it to that week's kitchen list before placing your order.
THE PLAIN ONES...
Plain fudge? Here in the UK that at's basically just sugar, butter and milk, right? Well, it depends...
1. Original buttery fudge The original and - many would say - still the best!
2. Vanilla flavoured fudge Similar to the original but a touch lighter and with the taste of vanilla.
3. Salted caramel fudge Plain fudge with just a hint of sea salt. It's the trendy newcomer that has become very popular.
4. 'Shambles Classic' clotted cream fudge A smoother and richer fudge just like they make it idown n Devon and Cornwall but with a bit of added York magic.
5. Butterscotch fudge A plain fudge but with a distinctive brown sugar flavour.
6. Scottish style tablet Roy's traditional tablet uses essentially the same ingredients as in
a classic plain fudge but with a more crystalline, crumbly texture that is particularly popular north of the border.
THE CHOCOLATEY ONES...
Fudge originated in the USA and for many Americans it wouldn't really be fudge if it didn't have chocolate in it. So who is Roy to argue?
7. Milk chocolate fudge A simple smooth fudge that is chocolatey and sweet.
8. Dark chocolate fudge Deliciously decadent, this one is Roy's chocolateiest (if that's even a word) fudge.
9. White chocolate fudge A super smooth, milky, creamy fudge.
10. Chocolate & peanut butter fudge A moreish and very smooth chocolate fudge.
11. Chocolate orange fudge Rich dark chocolate aValencian orange.
12. Mint chocolate fudge Indulgent dark chocolate with the freshness of American peppermint
Other chocolatey fudges may be available from time to time. Follow Roy's ramblings on social media for alerts!
THE YORKSHIRE ONES...
Roy aims to celebrate the rich confectionery heritage of Yorkshire and York itself through his hand made fudge homages. This is his suite of four fantastic locally inspired flavours:
13. Yorkshire rhubarb fudge Yorkshire's 'rhubarb triangle' near Wakefield is famous for the sweetness - and sharpness - of its produce and this fudge celebrates this great local flavour.
14. Butterscotch fudge A plain fudge with a distinctive brown sugar flavour, inspired by the famous sweets from Doncaster favoured by Queen Victoria.
15. Yorkshire liquorice fudge The silky black coloured one - with the distinctive flavour famously from Pontefract.
16. 'Chocolate Orange' fudge An homage the the world famous Terry's Chocolate Orange that was born right here in York. Made with valencian orange.
THE NUTTY ONES...
In parts of the USA a nutty fudge with a distinctive brown sugar taste is known as penuche. That's pronouced 'pen-oo-chee'. So now you know...
17. Pecan nut penuche A New England favourite with a distinctive brown sugar flavour and packed with pecan nuts.
18. Maple & walnut penuche A traditional penuche made with walnuts and plenty of added Canadian maple syrup. As if it wasn't sweet enough already!
Other nutty fudges and penuches may be available from time to time. Follow Roy's ramblings on social media for alerts!
THE FRUITY ONES...
Roy is not claiming that any of the following fudges can be counted towards your five a day. But if that's what you want to believe...
19. Red cherry fudge Juicy red cherries in a sweet cherry fudge.
20. Banana & chocolate fudge A smooth fruity banana flavoured fudge with chocolate swirled through it.
21. Coconut fudge Roy would love you to try this one. Don't be shy. Geddit?
Other fruity fudges may be available from time to time. Follow Roy's ramblings on social media for alerts
THE BOOZY ONES...
Don't worry, Roy won't be asking for your age ID for any of these. Any actual alcohol will have burnt off in the cooking process, but the flavour's still there.
22. Rum & raisin fudge A always popular old fashioned combination with the flavour of Caribbean dark rum and laced with juicy Californian raisins.
23. 'Bailey's' Irish cream fudge Easily the most popular among Roy's range of alcohol inspired fudges, combining the tates of whisky and cream.
24. Pina colada fudge An exotic flvoured fudge with the fresh fruity taste of coconut and pineapple
25. Gin & tonic fudge It's a classic. 'Nuff said.
26. Prosecco fudge This one is clearly a fudge to celebrate!
27. Whisky flavoured fudge A wee dram of this one will put hairs on your chest. Not really.
28. Cherry brandy fudge A deep brandy flavour and full of juicy cherries. That's got to make it the healthy option, right?
Other boozy fudges may be available from time to time. Follow Roy's ramblings on social media for alerts!
THE UNUSUAL ONES...
Roy is often encouraged by customers - often against his better judgement - to develop new flavours. Some of them go on to become favourites. Often they don't neatly fit into any of the above categories. They're here:
29. Stem ginger fudge The combination of sugar and spice make this one of Roy's personal favourite fudges.
30. Coffee & cream fudge A 'double decker' of two fudges, combining a mild coffee and rich cream flavours.
31. Turkish delight fudge A highly distinctive rosewater flavoued fudge.
Other unusual fudges may be available from time to time. Follow Roy's ramblings on social media for alerts. Or if you have a special request, get in touch and try to convince him that your favourite flavour would be a winner...
THE VEGAN ONES...
Condensed coconut milk and vegetable fats are combined with sugar as the base for Roy's new range of premium vegan fudges. All are suitable for those who are lactose intolerant as well as those who have made a vegan lifestyle choice. All are every bit as good as his regular varieties!
32. Vegan salted caramel fudge Roy's most poplar vegan fudge.
33. Vegan plain fudge A simple plain dairy free fudge, no messing.
34. Vegan 'Bailey's' Irish cream fudge A vegan version of Roy's best selling boozy fudge with the flavours of whisky and cream.
35. Vegan peanut butter fudge A super smooth chocolate and peanut butter fudge.
36. Vegan stem ginger fudge Sugar and spice.
37. Vegan chocolate fudge Chocolater fudge, say no more.
38. Vegan 'Chocolate Orange' fudge A dairy free version of Roy's popular homage to the Terry's of York classic chocolate.
Other vegan fudges may be available from time to time. Follow Roy's ramblings on socail media for alerts!
THE CHRISTMASSY ONES...
Roy has so far resisted the temptation to try making a brussels sprout fudge but does make a few specials to sit alongside his regular varieties for the festive season. The following varieties are normally only available from mid November until Christmas:
Brandy soaked mince pie fudge Rich, brandy-soaked mincemeat give this sweet fudge the taste of Christmas.
Cranberries in white chocolate fudge A smooth and milky white chocolate fudge laced with juicy cranberries.
Mulled wine fudge A popular festive fudge with all of the flavour of the traditional mulled wine spices.